A little prevention goes a long way in fighting tooth decay.
Cavities are one of the most common problems in dentistry and therefore, fillings are one of the common restorative needs of our patients. Dental fillings are used to repair worn, decayed or damaged teeth. We use advanced composite resin also known as ‘tooth-coloured’ fillings , glass-ionomer cements and biomimetic restorations in our practise.
WHEN DO YOU REQUIRE A FILLING?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, it’s an indication that you may require a dental filling.
- Tooth sensitivity.
- A chipped or fractured tooth
- Food stuck between teeth.
- Dark spots
- Throbbing or sharp pain
- Damage to a previous filling
Get to the ‘ROOT’ of the problem!
Sometimes bacteria enter the pulp of a tooth and cause an infection. When this occurs, root canal therapy is necessary to save the tooth. Root canal therapy is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of removing it. Decades ago, root canal treatments often were painful. With dental advances and local anaesthetics, most people have little if any pain during a root canal. In fact, it’s probably more painful living with a decayed tooth. The infected pulp is removed during this procedure, and the tooth is sealed to prevent reinfection.
SIGNS THAT YOU NEED ROOT CANAL THERAPY
- A hole, chip, or crack in your tooth
- Significant tooth pain while chewing or when putting pressure on the tooth.
- Tenderness or swelling of the gum area surrounding the tooth.
- Swelling around your face and/or neck.
- Extreme sensitivity or pain in your tooth when exposed to either hot or cold food/drink.
- Darkening or discolouration of the tooth.